Sunday, June 23, 2013

This was a stupid idea...

These gutters were only used for a year or two,  then Airstream smartened up and made the gutter longer so it didn't dump all the rain right on the edge of the window.  Talk about a leak factory!  No wonder all my leaks are at the windows.  There is a ton of sealant on all the window seams on this trailer.  

I'm in a quandary, I really wanted to keep the outside of this trailer as original as possible but these are proving to be a nightmare.   I'm actually considering replacing them with the earlier eyebrows. The eyebrow style was discontinued in 1963,  so theoretically my trailer would have had them if it had been built earlier in the year. Okay, I'm justifying the decision a little....

But the thought of removing them all and replacing with the ones VTS carries is daunting.  Especially when I hear the white paint they come with is nearly impossible to remove.   Is there a way to modify them?  I have the tools but.....

What say you? 

2 comments:

  1. Rebuild the windows with the correct seals. Seal the seams. They won't leak. You have a 63 not a 57- 62.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete