Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Today was a red letter day!



 A couple of days ago my son and I did some Hillbilly leak testing.   Basically, I put him in Moonraker with a shop vacuum hooked up to blow instead of vacuum.  I sprayed the outside areas that I suspected with soap and water and sure enough, we had bubbles. 


I recently sealed the two long seams on the roof, as well as hitting every rivet on the endcaps with Captain Tolleys.   The worst area was around the jalousie window.  I've been fighting this leak by my door for a while.   I dug out the new Tremco, and filled it with Acryl -R.  It wicked in and appeared to work because today we had a huge rainstorm and I had this.



Okay, the rain sounds more like static but.......A LEAK FREE trailer!!!!!!   For the first time since I've owned her.   

AND that's not all.......   I also cut my last piece of insulation today :)   
It was epic..... in Lord of the Rings "Thou Shall Not Pass" kind of way. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment