Monday, January 28, 2013

Temporary plates, check!

Got my temporary plates today! And it only took two hours in a crowded DMV office! This is starting to feel real!


 
What I found really interesting was that the television was tuned to a spanish channel.  And I was one of the few in the room not of Hispanic descent!  Say WHAT???????   I think the clerk was very grateful to have someone that understood her without a lot of hand gestures.   Weird feeling to be in the minority......


 Even so I wasn't impressed with the DMV,  the conversation went something like this....

What year? 63 .... really?..... Yes really.

What model is it? Overlander...They don't list an Overlander as an option. It's one word.... Oh, okay.

What color is it? Silver...... They don't list silver.... Fine, gray then....

Are you sure the weight is right?.......Yep

I would have told them just about anything they wanted and I made darn sure she typed the serial number with an "I" and not a "1" !

Best $10 I've spent to date on Moonraker, cause it means she's coming home!!


Post note :

Turns out that was a rather good thing I was legally registered,  turns out when you use a Easypass,  it somehow automatically knows whether you are towing and charges the appropriate amount.  We tried to pay "manually" but the attendant said the Easypass would take care of it.  So I assume they took a picture of the back of the plate?  Or counted axles?  or????   Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment